As a professional beautician, one of the most frequently asked questions I get from my clients is the difference between hair color brands. People often compare two popular brands: Wella Perfect Me and Wella Koleston. Both brands offer high-quality hair color options, but there are some key differences to consider when deciding which one to use.
In this blog post, we’ll dive into the differences between Wella Perfect Me and Wella Koleston to help you make an informed decision.
What is Wella Perfect Me?
Wella Perfect Me is a hair color brand offering demi-permanent options. Demi-permanent hair color is an excellent choice for those who want to enhance their natural hair color or cover up gray hair.
Wella Perfect Me’s formula is designed to deliver up to 57% more multi-faceted color than permanent color.
- It lasts longer than semi-permanent hair color but not as long as permanent hair color.
- Enhances natural hair color without fully committing to a new color.
- It can be used to cover up gray hair.
- Not suitable for drastic color changes.
- The color may fade faster than permanent hair color.
- It may not fully cover stubborn gray hairs.
What is Wella Koleston?
Wella Koleston is a hair color brand that offers permanent hair color options. Permanent hair color is an excellent choice for those who want a complete hair color change or want to cover up gray hair permanently.
Wella Koleston’s formula is designed to deliver up to 100% gray coverage with vibrant color results.
- It can provide long-lasting color coverage.
- It can completely cover gray hair.
- It can offer a wide range of color options.
- It can cause more damage to hair than demi-permanent or semi-permanent hair color.
- Only suitable for those who want to enhance their natural hair color after fully committing to a new color.
- It may require more upkeep than demi-permanent hair color.
Choosing between Wella Perfect Me and Wella Koleston depends on your hair color needs and preferences. Wella Perfect Me is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a subtle enhancement to your natural hair color or want to cover up gray hairs.
If you’re looking for a complete hair color change or full coverage of gray hairs, Wella Koleston may be a better option. Whatever you choose, follow the instructions carefully and use the recommended after-care products.
Additionally, it’s important to consider the potential damage that could be caused to your hair. While both brands are designed to be gentle, permanent hair color like Wella Koleston may cause more damage than demi-permanent hair color like Wella Perfect Me.
Use the recommended after-care products to keep your hair healthy and vibrant..
When using any hair color product, it’s also essential to consider your hair type and condition. If you have dry or damaged hair, avoid using hair color altogether or consult a professional stylist to ensure your hair is healthy enough for color treatment.