Raw sugar is a popular shampoo brand for its paraben and sulfate-free ingredients. They have a wide range of products for different purposes.
They are entirely harsh-free and chemical-free, for which they became prevalent. But is it good for colored hair? Let’s find out.
Is Raw Sugar Shampoo Good for Color-Treated Hair?
Yes! It’s good, the good shampoos are alcohol, sulfate, and paraben-free. Raw sugar shampoo is entirely free of these ingredients. It is ultimately an organic shampoo. They also have multiple products that are good for color-treated hair.
What are the Ingredients of Raw Sugar Shampoo?
Let’s check out the ingredients of raw sugar shampoo.
01. Purified Water- Raw sugar uses water as a solvent for the ingredients that only dissolve in water.
02. Cocamidopropyl Betaine– It’s a ubiquitous cleaning agent which is famous for producing bubbles and stabilizing them.
03. Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate- It’s an environment-friendly, biodegradable cleaning agent which has an excellent cleaning mechanism. It is good at producing foams and also acts as a surfactant.
04. Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate- It’s a biodegradable cleaning agent, which is made from vegetable fatty acids, and it claims to be a gentle cleanser.
05. Decyl Glucoside- It’s a biodegradable cleaning agent made from coconut oil and glucose and has extraordinary foaming abilities.
06. Sodium Cocoamphoacetate- It’s an amphoteric cleaning agent. The chemical formula makes it very gentle for the scalp and skin, and it has excellent foaming ability.
07. Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate- It acts as a co-surfactant, which is a vegetable-based ingredient.
08. Coconut Oil- When it comes to hair oil, it is one of the most popular natural oils, which is very healthy for the hair and scalp. It contains essential fatty acids, such as linoleic acid, oleic acid, and lauric acid.
09. Jojoba Seed Oil- An extraordinary and unique oil that nourishes and moisturizes the scalp and hair.
10. Sweet Almond Oil- It’s extracted from almonds, which contain fatty acids, such as oleic acid and linoleic acid, which nourish the scalp and hair. It also contains antioxidants such as Vit E and Vit B.
11. Aloe Vera Leaf Juice- It’s the most common skincare plant nowadays due to its excellent moisturizing property. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effects.
12. Glycerin- It’s a natural skin moisturizer also present in our skin.
13. Sodium Chloride- It’s the chemical name of everyday table salt, which acts as a thickener of cleaning agents and helps the cleaning property of the cleaning agents.
14. Citric Acid- It’s naturally found in limes and is an excellent exfoliant that can remove the skin’s dead cells.
15. Dehydroacetic Acid- It acts as a preservative that helps to keep the other products fresh for a long time.
Chemicals You Should Avoid for Color-Treated Hair
While taking care of color-treated hair, there are certain products you should avoid. These ingredients, if present in shampoo, will ruin your hair color.
The elements/chemicals you should avoid are –
Alcohol is present in most shampoos. The shampoo manufacturers use alcohol as a preservative for the other ingredients.
But the problem is all alcohol is not good. The only that is harmless to color-treated hair is Benzyl Alcohol.
If the alcohol used in shampoo is labeled as ‘ethanol,’ ‘propanol,’ and ‘isopropyl alcohol,’ then avoid those products. This alcohol will ruin your hair color.
02. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Laureth Sulfate
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate are the most common ingredients used by many shampoo manufacturers.
They act as surfactants in shampoo. Their primary objective is to reduce the surface tension of water so that the oils and dirt get solubilized and washed away.
They also act as cleaning agents. These products should be avoided for color-treated hair. These ingredients are powerful cleaning agents, and that’s why they also clean out color from your hair.
So, if you want to keep your color intact, avoid these products. Moreover, these chemicals can be very irritating to your scalp and skin.
Just like alcohol, parabens act as preservatives of the ingredients of shampoo. The objective of paraben is to keep the shampoo and your skull free from bacteria and other harmful microorganisms.
But the problem is paraben is a very toxic chemical. It severely damages your health and scalp. Research shows that paraben affects the hormone estrogen in females.
Also, paraben can over-steep and wash out color, and dye hair. So, shampoos using paraben should be avoided.
These are petroleum-based products that are very harmful to the hair and scalp. They are labeled as toxic substances and are very effective in washing out color from hair.
Also, similar to parabens, they are poisonous and can irritate your scalp and skin. They also wash out color from the hair.
So, shampoo containing any petrochemicals should be avoided.
Should You Use Raw Sugar Shampoo on Color-Treated Hair?
Yes! You should use Raw sugar shampoo for your color-treated hair. You can see that the ingredients used in raw sugar shampoo and those that should be avoided in color-treated hair are listed above.
The raw sugar shampoo doesn’t contain any of the chemicals that are harmful to color-treated hair.
Raw sugar shampoo uses non-toxic, biodegradable, environment-friendly, and natural ingredients such as aloe vera, coconut oil, citric acid, etc.
Raw sugar shampoo is very effective and popular among many women. It has a lot of positive reviews online.
Many beauty vloggers and bloggers recommend Raw sugar shampoo for its incredible color-locking formula and gentle natural ingredients.
What are the Raw Sugar Products for Color-Treated Hair?
Raw sugar has a couple of products lined up for color-treated hair. They have introduced the PRO Remedy lineup for color-treated hair.
The products are –
01. PRO Remedy Reconstruct Shampoo- This shampoo is excellent for protecting the color of the hair. It also contains many vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals essential for the hair.
02. PRO Remedy Reconstruct Conditioner- This conditioner should be applied after the shampoo. It has a perfect color-locking formula that helps to repair the color’s bond after any breakage.
03. PRO Remedy Leave-In Primer Mist- It’s an excellent pre-styling product infused with extracts of Rose, Watercress, and Mojave Yucca.
04. PRO Remedy Protective Dry Shampoo- It’s the perfect color-locking shampoo that gives you fresh and gorgeous hair and adds volume.
05. PRO Remedy Unbreakable Balm Leave-In Bond Treatment- This is a hair smoothing and strengthening product that also protects the color of the hair.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! It is suitable for dry hair. It uses natural ingredients such as coconut oil, jojoba seed oil, aloe vera, and citric acid, which nourish dry hair.
No! It is free of sulfate. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate are the ingredients used in shampoo that contain sulfate. Raw sugar shampoo is entirely free of those ingredients.
You can find it on Amazon, online beauty stores, and in your local grocery shop.
Go Gentle with Your Hair
Whenever you use a new product, be gentle with it. There are several incidents of getting allergic reactions upon using a new product.
You can rely on raw sugar shampoo blindly. It is an excellent product for color-treated hair.