Gray hair has become a trendy and sought-after hair color in recent years, with many people opting to dye their hair gray to embrace their natural hair color or to try something new.
Achieving the perfect shade of gray can be challenging, but Wella Toner 050 (Cooling Violet) has been touted as a go-to product for those seeking a silver or gray tone.
In this blog post, we’ll dive into how to use Wella Toner 050 to achieve stunning gray hair and discuss its pros and cons.
What is Wella Toner 050 (Cooling Violet)?
Wella Toner 050 (Cooling Violet) is a toner that neutralizes unwanted yellow or orange tones in bleached hair. The purple toner deposits purple pigment into the hair to counteract warm tones. The result is a cooler, ashy tone.
How to Use Wella Toner 050 to Achieve Gray Hair
Step 1: Bleach Your Hair
To achieve gray hair with Wella Toner 050, you must first bleach your hair to a pale yellow color. It’s crucial to have consistent lightness throughout your hair to achieve an even gray shade. It’s best to leave this step to a professional hair colorist, as bleach can be damaging if not used correctly.
Step 2: Mix Wella Toner 050 with Developer
Mix one part Wella Toner 050 with two parts 20-volume developer. Mix the toner and developer thoroughly in a bowl until they form a smooth, even consistency.
Step 3: Apply the Toner
Apply the toner mixture to your hair evenly and saturate each strand thoroughly. Leave the toner on for 20-30 minutes or until the desired shade is achieved. Remember that Wella Toner 050 can result in a strong, almost lavender-gray shade, so adjust the toner and developer ratio if necessary.
Step 4: Rinse and Condition
Once the toner has been processed, rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water until the water runs clear. Apply deep conditioning to your hair to restore moisture and prevent damage.
- Wella Toner 050 is a popular and trusted product among hair colorists.
- It’s affordable for achieving gray hair at home or in the salon.
- The toner can help neutralize yellow or orange tones for a cooler, ashy shade.
- The toner can be mixed with other Wella toners for a custom shade.
- Wella Toner 050 can result in a strong, almost lavender-gray shade, which may not suit everyone.
- The toner can be drying and damaging to hair if not used correctly.
- It’s best to leave the bleaching and toning process to a professional hair colorist to avoid damage and achieve even results.
Wella Toner 050 (Cooling Violet) is an excellent option for those seeking gray hair. However, it’s essential to remember that the toner can result in a strong, almost lavender-gray shade, and the process can damage hair if not done correctly.
We recommend leaving the bleaching and toning process to a professional hair colorist to ensure even results and avoid damage. With proper care and maintenance, you can achieve gorgeous gray hair with Wella Toner 050.