Do you want to switch up your hair color but aren’t sure if you can put purple hair dye over black? As a beautician, I’m here to provide insight into this common question.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the answer to this question and provide tips for achieving your desired look.
Can You Put Purple Hair Dye Over Black?
The short answer is yes, you can put purple hair dye over black hair. However, it’s important to remember that the final result will depend on several factors, including your starting hair color, the shade of purple you choose, and the quality of the hair dye.
Achieving a vibrant purple shade can be more challenging if you have naturally dark hair. The darker your hair is, the more difficult it can be to lighten it enough for the purple dye to show up. In this case, it may be necessary to bleach your hair first to achieve the desired result.
Tips for Achieving a Successful Purple Hair Color:
- Choose the Right Shade of Purple: When choosing a purple hair dye, there are many different shades to choose from, including lavender, lilac, and violet. Select a shade that will complement your skin tone and personal style.
- Use High-Quality Hair Dye: To achieve a vibrant and long-lasting purple hair color, it’s essential to use high-quality hair dye. Look for a product specifically designed for dark hair with nourishing ingredients to help protect your hair from damage.
- Prepare Your Hair: Before applying the purple hair dye, it’s essential to prepare your hair correctly. This includes washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo to remove any buildup, conditioning it to protect it from damage, and blow-drying it completely.
- Apply the Hair Dye Correctly: When applying the hair dye, follow the instructions carefully. Apply the dye evenly to your hair, starting at the roots and working down to the ends. Wear gloves and protect your clothing and skin from the dye.
- Please wait for the Dye to Set: After applying the dye, it’s important to wait for it to set according to the instructions on the packaging. This will typically take between 20-40 minutes.
- Rinse and Condition: Once the dye has set, rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water until the water runs clear. Then, apply a nourishing conditioner to your hair to help restore moisture and protect it from damage.
In conclusion, if you’re wondering if you can put purple hair dye over black, the answer is yes! However, achieving the desired result will depend on several factors, including your starting hair color, the shade of purple you choose, and the quality of the hair dye. By following these tips, you can achieve a successful and vibrant purple hair color that will turn heads and make you feel confident and beautiful.