If you want to change your hair color, you may wonder if you can put red hair dye over pink. The answer is yes, but there are a few things to remember before you take the plunge.
In this post, we’ll share actionable tips and tricks for achieving a stunning new look with red hair dye over pink. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or new to at-home hair coloring, we’ve got you covered.
Getting Started: Preparing Your Hair
Before you apply any hair dye, it’s important to prepare your hair properly. This includes washing and drying your hair thoroughly and removing any product buildup or residue.
Going from pink to red, you’ll want to ensure your hair is as light as possible. This will help the red dye take more evenly and appear brighter. If your pink hair is very dark or vibrant, you may need a color remover or bleach to lighten it first.
Once your hair is properly prepped and lightened, you can apply the red hair dye. Here are some tips to help you achieve the best possible results.
Actionable Tips for Applying Red Hair Dye Over Pink
1. Choose the Right Shade of Red
When selecting your red hair dye, consider the shade you want to achieve. If you’re looking for a vibrant, fiery red, opt for a brighter shade. Choose a darker shade if you prefer a deeper, more muted red.
2. Follow the Instructions Carefully
Different hair dye brands and products may have different instructions for application and processing time. Read the instructions carefully and follow them closely to ensure the best results.
3. Apply the Dye Evenly
Use a wide-tooth comb to section your hair and apply the dye evenly. This will help ensure that the color takes evenly and you don’t miss any spots.
4. Be Patient with the Processing Time
Depending on the hair dye you’re using, you may need to leave the dye on your hair for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or more. Be patient and wait the full processing time to ensure the best possible results.
Pros and Cons of Applying Red Hair Dye Over Pink
Like any hair coloring process, there are pros and cons to putting red hair dye over pink.
- You can achieve a stunning, unique look that stands out.
- Red hair dye can complement a variety of skin tones and eye colors.
- If you’re already rocking pink hair, you’re likely comfortable with bold color choices.
- Depending on the shade of pink and red you choose, the final result may differ from what you were expecting.
- The process of lightening your hair to achieve the best results can be damaging to your hair.
- You could have uneven or patchy colors if you are more careful with the application process.
In conclusion, putting red hair dye over pink is doable but requires proper preparation and application to achieve the best results. Following these tips and tricks can achieve a stunning new look that turns heads wherever you go.
Remember to choose the right shade of red, follow the instructions carefully, apply the dye evenly, and be patient with the processing time. And as always, consider the pros and cons before you make any permanent changes to your hair.