As a beautician, I have seen the transformative power of hair color on a person’s appearance and confidence.
If you want to refresh your hair color or try something new, you may have heard of Wella 050, a popular toner used to create cool, ashy tones on bleached or lightened hair.
But what happens when you use Wella 050 on dark brown roots?
Wella 050 is a toner that neutralizes unwanted warm tones in blonde or lightened hair, creating a cool, ashy finish.
However, some people have also used Wella 050 on dark brown roots to give them a similar cool, ashy look. The results can vary depending on the starting hair color, hair type, and toning technique.
In this blog post, we’ll explore what you can expect when using Wella 050 on dark brown roots and provide some actionable tips to help you achieve your desired look.
What is Wella 050 Toner?
Wella 050 is a toner that creates cool, ashy tones in bleached or lightened hair. It contains a blue-violet pigment that helps neutralize unwanted warm tones such as yellow, brass, or orange.
When applied correctly, Wella 050 can give bleached or lightened hair a beautiful silver or platinum finish.
Using Wella 050 on Dark Brown Roots:
If you have dark brown roots and want a cool, ashy look, you can use Wella 050 toner. However, it’s essential to remember that the results can vary depending on your starting hair color, hair type, and toning technique. Here are some tips to help you achieve your desired look:
- Pre-lighten your hair: To achieve the best results your hair should be pre-lightened to a pale yellow color. If your hair needs to be lighter, the toner may not work correctly, and you may have uneven, brassy tones.
- Use a developer: Wella 050 should be mixed with a developer, such as Wella Color Charm developer, to activate the toner. The developer helps open the hair cuticles, allowing the toner to penetrate the hair shaft and deposit the blue-violet pigment.
- Apply the toner carefully: When applying the toner to your dark brown roots, you should work in small sections and ensure that the toner is applied evenly. It would be best if you also were careful not to overlap the toner on previously lightened hair, as this can result in over-toning or uneven color.
- It can create a cool, ashy look on dark brown roots.
- It contains blue-violet pigment to neutralize unwanted warm tones.
- It can be mixed with a developer for easy application.
- It can help refresh and brighten previously toned hair.
- Results can vary depending on the starting hair color, hair type, and toning technique.
- It may not work well on hair that is not pre-lightened.
- It can cause dryness and damage if not used correctly.
- It may require multiple applications to achieve desired results.
In conclusion, using Wella 050 toner on dark brown roots can be a great way to achieve a cool, ashy look. However, it’s essential to remember that the results can vary depending on your starting hair color, hair type, and toning technique.
To achieve the best results, it’s recommended to pre-lighten your hair, use a developer, and apply the toner carefully. Remember to follow the instructions on the packaging and do a strand test before applying the toner to your entire head.